It refers to the physical components of a computer that can be seen and touched by the user. Computer hardware basically includes.
Input Devices- An input device can be defined as an electro mechanical device that allows the user to feed data into the computer for analysis and storage to the computer. Some
of the commonly used input devices are
2. Pointing device-Mouse, Track ball, Joystick, Light pen.
3. Barcode Reader
4. Optical Mark Reader (OMR)
5. Optical Character Reader (OCR)
6. Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR)
7. Smart Card Reader
8. Biometric Sensor
10. Microphone (Mic)
11. Webcam etc.
An output device is any piece of computer hardware equipment used to communicate the results of data processing carried out by information processing to the outside world.
Output Devices are
1. Monitor-CRT, LCD, LED, 3-D, TFT
2. Printers are
(a) Impact printer Dot matrix printer, daisy wheel printer, line printer, drum printer.
(b) Non-impact printer Inkjet printer, thermal printer, laser printer, electromagnetic printer, electrostatic printer.
it is a set of instructions, programs that are used to give command to the hardware. It is an interface between user and computer. Software can be divided into two major categories
1. System software It consists of several programs which are directly responsible for controlling and managing the individual hardware components of a computer system.
2. Application software It is a computer software designed to help the user to perform singular or multiple tasks.