(a) Proton donor
(b) electron donor
(c) proton accepter
(d) electron accepter
Correct Answer. (a) Proton donor
The Bronsted-Lowry theory (Proton theory of acid and base) is an acid-base reaction theory, introduced by Johannes Nicolaus Bronsted (Danish Chemist) and Thomas Martin Lowry (English Chemist) in 1923. According to the theory, acid and base react with each other and by an exchange of proton acid, forms its conjugate base and the base forms its conjugated acid.
The Bronsted-Lowry theory is an extended version of an Arrhenius theory of acid-base.
According to the Arrhenius theory, in aqueous solution, acid increases the concentration of H+ ions and base increases the concentration of OH– ions. The limitations of Arrhenius theory was, it identifies the reaction of an acid and base only in the aqueous medium.
In bronsted lowry concept acid is proton donor.
- Fluoride inhibits caries formation via
- Who has been called Napoleon of India?
- Which tree grows the fastest?
- What is NBR?
- Which city is the Silicon valley of India?
- A man goes downstream with a boat to some destination and returns upstream to his original place in 5 hours. If the speed of the boat in still water and the stream are 10 km/hr and 4 km/hr respectively, the distance of the destination from the starting place is
- ‘My Music, My Life’ is the autobiography of which person?
- If A: B = 2: 3, B: C = 6: 11 then what is the value of C: B: A ?
- Which soil is best suited for cotton?
- In 1610, Galileo Galilei discovered four moons of which planet?