Question 1- The Internet is an example of a:
A. Circuit switched network
B. Packet switched network
C. Cell switched network
D. None of the above
Data communications network in which data is divided into small segments known as packets.
These are divided so that each packet forms part of a complete message that can be routed through a network of switches to its destination independently of all other packets forming the same message.
The Internet is an example of a Packet switched network.
Packet-switched describes the type of network in which relatively small units of data called packets are routed through a network based on the destination address contained within each packet.
Breaking communication down into packets allows the same data path to be shared among many users in the network.
A network is a term used to describe a group of two or more computer systems that are connected or linked with each other.
Common types of area networks are:
- LAN – Local Area Network
- WAN – Wide Area Network
- WLAN – Wireless Local Area Network
- MAN – Metropolitan Area Network
- SAN – Storage Area Network, Small Area Network, System Area Network or Server Area Network
- Which instrument used for finding out wind-direction?
- How biocides work?
- What is the technique called by which the genome of an organism can be split up into different sized molecules?
- Coal : Heat :: Wax : ?
- How many longitudes are there?
- Which is the biggest tree in the world?
- Which of the following is used as ‘a moderator in nuclear reactor?
- Karyotyping is useful for detecting which of the following ?
- Which tree release oxygen 24 hours ?
- Why water drops are spherical