Answer : Gambusia
One of the most successful and widely used biological control agent against mosquito larvae is the top water minnow or mosquito fish Gambusia affinis. Fish other than Gambusia which has received the most attention as a mosquito control agent is Poecilia reticulata, the common guppy.
The most commonly used biological control agent is a naturally occurring soil bacteria called Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, or Bti. Bti was discovered in Israel in 1977 and quickly became commercially available once it was shown to be an inexpensive, effective, and very target specific mosquito larvicide. Bti larvicide products are composed of microscopic crystal proteins that only kill mosquito, black fly, and certain midge larvae upon ingestion. From dry, corn cob-based granules, to water-based liquids, to time release briquets, Bti products are available for controlling mosquito larvae in a variety of circumstances and can be applied using many different types of application equipment. Small areas of standing water with thick vegetation can be treated with power backpack blowers, while large marshes or irrigated pastures can be treated with airplanes or helicopters, and storm drains or municipal catch basins may be treated by hand with time release briquets. Because of its effectiveness and versatility, as well as its environmentally sound nature, Bti products are now the preferred biological mosquito control agents for most integrated mosquito management programs, including those that VDCI manages.
- Which one is not a form of Biocides ?
- Which state has the largest coastline in India ?
- In the Vedic society, which was the term used to denote a group of families?
- Alpha-keratin is a protein present in which thing?
- Which planet is known as the Earth’s twin?
- How biocides work?
- Why water drops are spherical
- Which metal is used for generation of Nuclear Power?
- A synthetic rubber is having__________weight.
- 1 : 1 :: 25 : ?